Thursday, July 16, 2009

Crankiness

So last week was a hard one for me. Don't know why but I was just cranky. Maybe it was that I had no quiet time, not even when in the bathroom. I do not do well if I miss out on my few minutes of alone time and usually that involves something crafty. So last week when I was having a bad day- Took the kids to the kids swimming and had missed quiet time again-Ben and I had a little chat that went something to this effect.
Ben- What's wrong?'
Me - nothing
Ben- Are you o.k.?
Me - No! I need just a few minutes by myself-alone- no one talking, or whining, or crying at me. I just need to do something crafty. CAN YOU TELL I HAVEN"T DONE ANYTHING CRAFTY LATELY! It makes me really cranky when I can't be creative!
The last thing I made was at the beginning of summer and that was just the job charts!
Ben- yes I can tell you haven't done anything crafty.
The conversation continued and it was actually pretty comical. So in the works are a few crafts and Ben has been pretty supportive and hasn't rolled his eyes too much at me wanting to change the kids' bedrooms. I know, big undertaking but the to younger boys need better nap time. So soon I will be painting and such-yea I can't wait.
As for now here is my last project - the job charts. I think they turned out pretty cute and since they're so cute I make sure the kids use them-everyday!
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Payne Family said...

Oh CUTE!! I wish I had your craftiness... why didn't I get the gene. Anyways, you are such a good mom. I can't wait to be like you and do all these fun projects with my kids. Keep it up!