Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday!

I've put off doing this post partly because I don't have much time these days and also for a loss of words. In the beginning of March my cute, dear, sweet husband turned the big 35. This year was particularly hard for me to create a great birthday for him considering the lateness of my pregnancy and 5 kids to keep me exhausted. I had great and wonderful intentions for this day for him but he patiently and gratefully accepted costco cheesecake for dessert and itunes giftcard and a day backpack (because he never has enough camping stuff-curse those scouts!) for his presents. I would have loved to go out to lunch with him but instead he settled for his work buddy Travis. I did give him a lunch time phone call just as him and travis were headed to rc willey in which they stated they were off to find the beds! How can I compete with that? ;)

The 76 on his cheesecake is the year of his birth and also because we unfortunately do not own a 3 and a 5 from prior birthdays.
Photobucket

I did try to make him one of his favorites for dinner- homemade rolls- just as I finished the dough, the electricity went out! Arrrgh! It turned out to be a good thing. The kids rounded up posters and I pulled out the craft bucket and they went crazy each making a part of a birthday sign. Just as it was time for the rolls to bake the electricity came on. Hooray! Ben settled for one of his favorite things- cheese on a nice warm roll. The kids on the other hand were dreaming of chuck a rama! Too bad!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: