Friday, July 11, 2008

I love peas!

No kidding! Fresh garden peas are one of my favorite things. This year since it was so cool I was able to get peas planted-at least 4 packages. So we have a million peas. I didn't even care if nothing else grew. I just wanted peas. Although everything we planted has done well, even among all the weeds that I don't have the energy to pull. I made the boys pick peas one day so we could have fresh peas for dinner-they had a lot of fun shelling them with Jocelyn and Riley. It didn't take Riley long to realize there were peas to pick and eat. He's pretty cute. He finds a pod and points and makes some weird noise(not sure what he's saying) and if I say yes he picks it. If I say no, he moves on until I say yes. It's pretty funny. His tummy has been full of otter pops and peas each afternoon for the past few days. Yum!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Payne Family said...

Sounds fun... I just looked out at my garden and saw that we have tomatoes and zucchini growing! I didn't even think about peas... I am definitely planting those next year. I love gardens!