Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh Snap!

There's something to be said about the younger kids in a large family-they are just cool. You know what I mean. For some reason, thanks to their older siblings, learn to be cool at a very young age. Sometimes this can be a good thing. Thinking back to when my little sister who was barely 3 could sing such songs ad "I should be so lucky" by Kylie Minogue and hang out with such cool teenagers. And yet from this guidance she is still cool-You're welcome Laura! AmyLyn, you're cool too and that obviously came directly from Ben and I since KristyAnn and Jennifer had moved out by the time you were first impressionable(or so I like to think). I understand this unwritten rule and realize it was very apparent in us kids but when it starts to really take shape in my own kids it's a little crazy to witness. This thinking has all come from a few circumstances that are reoccuring at our home. Our cute little Riley-who can't say a whole lot- thinks he's one of the big kids. I know this kid will be cool, he's not even 2 and yet two of his favorite words are "oh snap"(thank you Raven from the disney channel) and "sweet". Not just plain "sweet" but a long drawn out "sweeeetttt". Crazy! Yes I think it's adorable! I just hope he knows who to thank when he is the coolest kid ever in kindergarten and beyond!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: