Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hiking and Happiness

Saturday I decided that we needed to take extreme measures to help our new little one into the world. What better thing to do than go hiking. I also felt that we needed to do something fun as a family before I had this little one, since going out, especially hiking, will not be done after the baby comes. So Saturday after Ethans soccer game(which he played goalie and did great), we went up A.F. canyon with Grandma in tow, to roast hot dogs and marshmellows and do some good old labor producing hiking! It was so much fun. We all ate like crazy(I had 3 smores,maybe more)and the kids played in the river and fished. Only one casualty-Riley kinda fell and rolled into the river-all in slow motion while my mom and I watched. Poor guy! Once the mud and rocks were cleaned off he was back for some more rock throwing in the river. After all the gorging on really unhealthy things, Ben convinced us to go up to cascade springs to hike. I was already exhausted but thought-anything to have a baby! I am so glad we did. My mom and I had never been so we were surpirsed how beautiful it was up there. The kids had fun running up the trails and finding bugs and fish in the water. It was nice and cool and really nice to have the kids entertained. We were all tired-Jocelyn and Riley fell asleep in the car and I was ready for a nap too. Of course no baby! just lots of contractions-which I'm getting pretty tired of, not to mention they hurt! I guess hiking is not the proven method to start labor. Darn! But what a fun day anyways.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Payne Family said...

I love the picture of them all hanging on the fence. How cute! Hopefully little baby Allen comes soon!