Saturday, September 20, 2008

Little fingers...little toes....

Photobucket
On Sept 16th at 3:14pm the newest Allen finally came into this world. Owen weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 20 in long. Pretty much the same as all of our other babies. The day before I finally asked my doctor to induce me-I was tired of being miserable and in pain. The next day the hospital called and said I needed to be there in 1 hour to be induced. I was a little suprised but excited. Things went smooth and fairly fast- one contraction. Ben teases how short the video is and I tease him about how hard his job was this time to hold my leg! We're just glad all went well. I was really worried this time for some reason. We're not sure yet who he looks like- a good mix I guess and we're not sure about the hair color. A little red and brown together like Jocelyn when she was born which grew in more red as she got older. No one can top Ethans full head of red hair when he was born. It will be fun to see how Owen changes and comes into his own personality. He's seems a little more fussy than my others but then again I do have 4 other attention grabbers to care for. For now things are a little blurry from lack of sleep and so much going on. I am so proud of Ben who survived a week of student council speeches and elections, the 3rd grade egg drop, soccer practice, piano lessons, preschool and a very cranky 2 year old. Not to mention he took the boys last night to father and sons. Everyone in this house now needs a good night sleep! I'm sure this is just the beginning of how crazy a house of 5 kids will be. I can't help but be happy and content with our cute family and our newest member.
Photobucket

2 comments:

laura said...

just to let you know addi and payton ask to look at owen's picture every hour, so just let him know that he is very much loved at this house!

jayne said...

Congrats Steph! I hear you on the sleep issue. Wow. Who would've thought we'd both make it with 5. I guess it's only been a little while, maybe we won't make it longer than a month each!! Good luck with your sweet little man. Get some sleep!