Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kiss me I'm irish!

So my idea for and authentic irish dinner didn't turn out as great as I wanted. It's amazing how ideas sound so good until after a busy night at work. I was exhausted and not too enthused to be cooking anything, but each year Ben tells the kids about our ancestors and every year I have the idea to introduce them to what their ancestors may have eaten. Let me just say if you ever try this make sure you like the food first or there is now way your kids will like it! I know this first hand now. I think the face I made after the first bite of cabbage was a hint to the kids how the meal was going to end. The kids ate everything except the cabbage! I think next year I'll go back to just a yummy green dinner. How can you go wrong with lime jello and limeade and green colored mashed potatoes etc.?

1 comment:

The Payne Family said...

Green colored mashed potatoes sound good to me! You are such a good mom to incorporate your families ancestors into your meals. Way to go! Happy Green day!