Thursday, September 2, 2010

B.T.S.

BACK TO SCHOOL! Oh how I love this time of year- not only because my kids go to school and I get a break, but because of the newness. New clothes,new shoes, new backpacks, new school supplies, new haircuts, new teachers, new friends and this year a new hour or two of silence. Ok not so new but it has been a few years that I have had at least one hour of the day devoted to silence - blissful silence! Ok so officially I haven't gotten there yet- Riley starts preschool next week - but still way less fighting and noise going on at this house and I love it! This is Ethans last year in elementary and Jocelyns first year-sniff,sniff. They grow so fast! Ethan and Jake so far have been in school a week and are in the swing of things with homework and activities. Jocelyn started kindergarten yesterday and could hardly wait for the afternoon to come. She took most of the morning deciding on what to wear, we walked her to school, she hung out with the fox, lined up, gave me a kiss and was gone. She loved it! She loves her teacher and made some new friends. The only complaint was that there was a girl wearing cuter clothes than her!!! Oh my!!! Let it begin!
HOORAY FOR SCHOOL! NO MORE BOREDOM!
Photobucket
Not the greatest picture but we were trying to get their shirts to change color in the sun!

Photobucket
Photobucket
What a grown up! Super cute!

Photobucket
Ben's back to school picture! For some reason he has bought a lot of new clothes lately and this morning as he took the tags off his Goonies shirt I teased him saying "Nice that you could get some new school clothes. Should I take a picture of you too?" which he replied with (seriously I might add) "Not until I get my new shoes" Oh my!!!!

1 comment:

laura said...

jocelyn is just way to cute and she does look really grown up!!! yeah, for peace and quite if only for a little while!