Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Never thought...

     Seriously- never thought this kiddo would make it to be a 5 year old! Love this kiddo but oh how it feels like at least 10 years of excitement with him! His birthday was way back in September and I'm finally feeling like I can catch up on my blogs after school starting and all the holidays. We had a small family celebration for Owen this year (a non-party year for this kiddo) Owen has a personality that seems to draw the most out of me! I love him to death! When he looks in my eyes and has a deep conversation with me - mostly about laser tag, skylanders, and plants vs zombies I just melt and wish he was calm more often:) Today in the car we had a conversation about when I die there will be no more moms or babies!?! and that dad will get married again and he would have another mom. What!?!? So I had to ask him if he would cry when I died. At first he said no but quickly stated that he would cry and whine a lot. Then as we passed the Lehi cemetery, he said I would be in there and come up as a zombie!!! A little nerve racking for me- I channeled the conversation into a lesson about being a forever family and the Resurrection. Thankfully it ended on a spiritual level! Again Love this kid!!!
    At five years he loves anything Skylanders, Plants vs Zombies, and Laser Tag. He has started reading and actually likes it! He still goes to the same preschool with Miss Holly as his teacher but is looking forward to starting Kindergarten- "I'm five now!" He still loves to play Wii with Jake and Riley, loves to be outside- even in freezing temps, and misses the trampoline (so do I!- it had a way of wearing him out just enough to get his crazy levels down :) can't wait for spring to put it back up!) He talks weekly about going to the cabin with his friends (cousins) and is excited for our summer vacation in Oregon this year. He has also decided he wants a new house (usually when he is mad at me)- not sure if he realizes with a new house comes the same old family! I love that he has tried to sleep in his own bed at night with the help of dad and requesting a prayer. It's been a long road but he's starting to sleep better at night. I love that he is relying on the spirit to comfort him also. Church is hard for him "It's boring!" it can be hard for any kiddo, but having ADHD it's really just too slow for his fast moving brain! His new helper is amazing and he really has taken to Sis. Brower. She really is amazing with him and now Ben and I finally can go to class with minimal interruptions. Love that he is growing up!
     Owens requested a Skylander Giants cake- so thats what he got! and the game to go with it. So exciting! He also got some extra skylanders, and from the cousins a tunnel and playdoh- perfect presents for him! He celebrated in both his preschool classes- a pretty sweet deal if you ask me! Pretty sure he had a great day! That cute smile says it all sometimes!