Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our very Merry Christmas!

Photobucket

What a great Christmas we had. It was one of my favorites only because I didn't have to work and I was able to be home to help Ben in the evening and then to see, or hear is more like it, the kids when they got up-at 3:50 in the morning. Santa has it right at our house and leaves a new movie for the kids to watch while mom and dad can sleep in a little. This year he left two-which were both watched before 7:30! The kids had to pick 3 things they really wanted from santa this year. Ethan picked a tribot and nerf gun, Jake wanted -every bionicle in the world-he settled for six- and a nerf gun.
Photobucket

Jocelyn wanted twin baby girls, a stroller and diamond castle barbie and carriage.
Photobucket

Riley wanted McQueen, a choo choo train, and spongebob.
Photobucket

Owen settled for shoes and a toy.
Photobucket

I just wanted a cute scarf and a few clothes which Ben did great with. I suprised Ben with a hotwheels belt buckle and shirt. I know I know- a belt buckle!!! But a couple of weeks ago he came home from work and said on hotwheels.com there was a amazing belt buckle he wanted and I immediately said no way!. All I could think in my head was some cowboy in roper jeans with a huge belt buckle!!! I could tell he really wanted it and I just kept saying no(nicely and laughing of course!). So the week before christmas I signed up on the hot wheels website which means he got his belt buckle and I will forever be recieving emails about the latest hot wheels around. It's all for love!!!
Photobucket
It just made my christmas to be able to suprise him. Every year I get him something that totally suprises him. One year I got him a long board that I had my brothers friend design with M.C.Escher art work on it(One of Ben's favorite artists). I may have topped it with the belt buckle-crazy I know!!! For me, I really don't care what I get for christmas I just like to suprise the kids and Ben. This year we suprised the boys with digital cameras and they have loved those. It was just a great Christmas.
After presents and breakfast we went to my parents for dinner,pie,the annual white elephant exchange, the candy bar game and just lots of talking and laughing. We were all so exhausted. The kids crashed on the way home. We have been so blessed with everything this year and want to let our family and friends near and far know that we love and appreciate them. We love you all!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Sounds fabulous...I will have to ask Ben about that belt buckle! I bet he was thrilled and your boys are likely jealous.

Mary said...

I'd love to hear about your christmas candy bar game. We play one on Christmas Eve. I wonder if they're the same.

Stacee said...

I hope you guys had a great Christmas. We had my parents here and it was lots of fun!!!

Christy said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT christmas. I would also love to hear about the "candy game" sounds yummy ! you have such a cute family.