Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Date night

Friday night the boys meaning Ben, Ethan, Jake, and Riley had the chance to go to the Utah Valley University game courtesy of Fox Hollow. Tickets were handed out last week after an assembly and each day the boys would bring home another ticket a friend would not need. We ended up with 9 tickets- how many kids do they think are in our family??? Anyways Jocelyn had still needed easter shoes(yes a little last minute -I know!) so we made plans to head to Target and a list of other stores knowing Target would probably be out of shoes-as always, anyways Jocelyn was not too fond of this idea- I was surprised. What girl would not want a pair of new shoes? So when I say Jocelyn wasn't fond of the idea, fond as in all out crying huge crocodile tears and hanging on Ben every chance she got. I was speechless- seriously I wanted a new pair of shoes and she was trying to avoid it!!!! For weeks she has talked about seeing the new Hannah Montana movie and I had promised her that just the two of us would go see it together. So I resisted all feelings of panic over the lack of Easter shoes and the boys and girls went their separate ways. I honesty thought the movie would be sold out but we lucked out and let me just say I was so glad we went. Jocelyn could not stop smiling. It was the cutest thing ever- she would try so hard not to smile but in the end she was just beaming. The movie was CUTE! The music was fun although Jocelyn refused to get up and dance- still she had that cute smile on the whole time. Not to mention for once she got her own popcorn and soda. She informed me the top half of the popcorn bag was mine and the rest of it was hers-I couldn't figure out how she thought she could eat my top half as well as hers. I couldn't help but think of all the future occasions the two of us would be able to share and my heart was just so full. She was just so fun to hang out with. We had a great night and so did the boys- the Flash won their game and the boys were even able to score free noise makers. The next day Jocelyn came up to me while I was making breakfast and said "Mom, that movie was great!"-Priceless!

No comments: