Friday, April 10, 2009

Too much fun....

So the last couple of weeks have just been completely filled for us, hence the reason of no blogging, and actually there are a million things I could be doing right now but thoughts and pictures and milestones are piling up in my head and in our camera so hold on, this may be a gigantic blog.
March ended with the beginning of soccer season for Ethan- a very cold beginning! I think it was 40 degrees-gloves and hats required. What a way to play soccer. Jocelyn and Riley didn't seem to mind the cold and enjoyed being outside for a change.
Photobucket
Photobucket

April began with the all anticipated Pine Wood Derby. The boys have been working hard for a couple of months and with all that hard work and a book of secrets the boys did pretty well this year. It was Jakes first official year to race. He has always made one along side Ethan just to race for fun but this year he's official. Ethan received third place and Jake came in fifth and with the sportiest car. They were both happy and have started to devise plans and tricks for next years race.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ethan turned ten-yes ten! Oh my! What a weird thing to say when people ask how old my oldest is. We woke up to 2 inches of snow and a blizzard and Ethan had a soccer game!- luckily they cancelled. As if the week before was cold enough I couldn't imagine soccer in a blizzard! Thus began the day of birthday fun. This year Ethan picked golden corral for his birthday dinner-although we went for lunch since I worked that night. Just before lunch though we headed to toys r us so Ethan could spend his birthday money from grandma Allen- more pokemon cards. After lunch we headed to see monster vs alien in 3D. It was so fun. The movie was just ok but the 3D was what made it worth it. The kids were entertaining to watch as well. They kept ducking and reaching out when things came towards them. What a full and fun birthday. Ethan received a new squirt gun and lego indiana jones for the PS2. He was very excited! He wasn't sure what to think when he opened his present to find a picture of the game (I ordered it just over a week before his birthday which obviously wasn't early enough) So 4 painstaking days later, it arrived and has been played a ton since.
Photobucket

Conference sunday we headed to my moms for an easter egg hunt and dinner with Ethans birthday cake for dessert. After golden Corrall the day before, no one could even think about cake or any other food either! So we decide to do cake a day later at moms. This year he picked an alien cake and this is what I came up with- not too bad. The kids had fun playing soccer and egg hunting and just hanging out with cousins.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Owen officially started sitting up and somedays really hates it. He would rather roll around and be moving.
Photobucket

Easter started out a little less spiritual than I would have liked. I got home late from a very very long night at work and Helped Ben and the boys get to church while Jocelyn and I finished getting ready. I really hate being late to church but Easter sunday! That's just the worst!- oh well, not as bad as falling asleep in relief society- Mary if you read this, the beginning of your lesson was great and the testimonies at the end were wonderful I just wish I could've heard more of your lesson! Falling asleep in no way was a reflection of your lesson. I probably would have fallen asleep during sunday school also but it just so happened I was walking the halls with Owen. I guess I'm just lucky I made it to church at all. After church we ate a small lunch and the kids each got their easter baskets. It was fast sunday so we told the boys we would hold off candy until after church.
They seemed pretty relieved to not have the temptation of breaking their fast. Jake even said it would be hard to watch the little kids eat candy so everyone waited till after church. After a quick nap and a visit from mom and scott we sat down for the Easter dinner Ben had prepared complete with yams, mashed potatoes, and ham. He did great! What a great husband to do all that and let me sleep.
So now I just need to get Ben and our family through convention week which happens to be spring break- which translates into- we're not going anywhere and we'll be lucky to see Ben at all this week! ARRGGHHH! I'm going to have to get pretty creative this week for all of our sanity sake! I'm just looking forward to some time when things will slow down a bit- just a bit.
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

The Payne Family said...

Sounds like you have been crazy busy! It's so crazy to think of Ethan being 10... if he is getting older, that means I am getting older. So scary!!! I love the kids' Easter outfits, so cute! It was so good to see you last week and Libby is so happy to have her squirrel back. Thanks Steph!

Mary said...

Your kids look fantastic in their easter clothes. And I didn't even notice you resting during the lesson. Plus, if I had, I would have just been jealous that I couldn't do the same. :)

laura said...

he is so cute!!!! How are you doing? you are the best anut ever!! I love you so much!!!

Angie said...

CUTE EASTER OUTFITS! I can't believe Ethan is 10. Wow time flies. Owen is just as cute as the rest of your babies. We miss you guys!