Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ruckus at the Allens house

This year we hosted New Years eve at our home and had a houseful of kids and adults. Mom and Dad, AmyLyn and Andy, and Laura and Mark and family. We had so much fun. After stuffing ourselves with yummy food that would not make an appearance again once our resolutions were made- we played games. AmyLyn and Andy taught us a couple of games. The first one- farckle. Lots of fun. Then we played golf(card game) Ethan and Jake got in on that one and we've played it a few times since. The kids had a great time also. Jocelyn and Addison got dolled up in makeup and Payton played video games. The older kids played a game of apples to apples. I didn't think everyone would stay till midnight so at 10 o'clock Ben lit the fireworks off the rock wall and whistles were passed out to the kids. Everyone stayed (except mom and dad)-till after midnight - and then left after we finished our game of golf. The babies were asleep and Riley had crashed on the couch. Other than that everyone else was suprisingly awake AND happy. What a fun New years. It's been a long time since I could enjoy the celebrations from either working or having worked the night before and not being able to stay awake to make it to midnight. I love that my boys are old enough now to play games with the adults (when we let them) that us as adults enjoy. I also like that the cousins get along and can play games on their own and have fun together. What a great family I have, so now bring on the New Year. I'm ready- I think. Lots of first for our family will fill this year and I'm excited. Don't worry I'll blog about them all!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

laura said...

the picture of addi and jocelyn is a bit freaky!! but it sure was a ton of fun!! let's do it AGAIN!!!