Tuesday, November 25, 2008

They missed me...

So Saturday I went back to work-Yuck! I was a little nervous and spent the day trying not to think about it and yet I kept going over routines, exams and passwords through my head. I was scared I had forgotten something and yet it was like riding a bike-the second I walked in the door things came back just as I had never left- even the saturday night drunks were there to welcome me back. It was a tough night and I started to wonder what in the world I was doing. I had 1 hour of sleep and headed to church which was a blur. I didn't even have my normal comments in our family and marriage class. I just looked at Bro Shipp and said "I'm not sure how we communicate!!!???" I think I failed that part of the class if you could actually fail a church class! Ben was great and let me sleep the remainder of the day and I think I fed Owen somewhere in between the sleep, but its a blur. Anyways I was dreading Sunday and last night but all went well and last night I didn't see a patient after 11 oclock so I was able to watch the Hills- yeah! What a guilty pleasure. I'm not sure why but I have to watch every week. I even got Ben hooked on it although he claimed in the beginning that it was pretty dumb. It's funny to hear his comments about Spencer now that he's watched almost the entire season.

A lot has been going on at our house so I thought I would post a few pictures-

Jocelyn finally got a hair cut. Last year I took her to the beauty school in PG and had her hair trimmed. About a week later she decided to cut her hair herself(what little girl hasn't done this?) anyways she ended up giving herself a bit of a mullet and since I always put her hair up I just decided to let it grow and not even try to fix it. Just lately it has been a pain to comb and put in buns so I convinced her to let me cut it-Ben was not happy when I started cutting but when I was done he liked it. It's so cute now when I blow dry it and I'm glad I can still do her buns.
Before....
Photobucket Photobucket

After...
Photobucket

Owen is just over 2 months now and smiles like crazy! I love how he smiles and tries to talk. His little mouth moves constantly and only little squeaks come out. I wish I knew what he was thinking. Yesterday he had his 2 month check and he weighs just over 12 pounds. What a chubb! His shots didn't go well - I ran out of tylenol -so sad! He was pretty cranky when he moved his legs or someone touched him. Today is better and he's back to smiling.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Payne Family said...

I don't know how you do it! You have to be Super Mom. Good luck and let me know when you need someone to hold Owen... I'll be there in a heartbeat!

Renee said...

I seriously don't know how you do it! You are one amazing woman. Jocelyn's hair is darling. It always looks cute!

jayne said...

Ooooh, the Hills. Don't even get me started on Spencer. I would kill him in my sleep if I were Heidi. Can you tell I am a closet fan also? I've found that there are billions of women our age that watch this show secretly....funny. Shawn is also addicted. I have to DVR it for him when he's at work.