Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stretched to the limit

Last week was sooo busy for us. Between many doctors appts, visiting teaching, piano lessons, tutoring, dance class, young mens, church meetings, pack meeting for the boys, and Ethans book report. It was a crazy but fun week.
Owen and Riley both had well check visits on the same day at 2 different doctors and preschool for Jocelyn also in the middle of it all. Owen had his 4 month check and is a whooping 14 lbs. Actually this is average but for some reason those fat rolls and chubby hands just make it seem like he should be more. He's pretty much average all the way around. The poor thing got two shots in each leg and whimpered and grunted most of the day. As long as his legs were still he was happy-yeah, right! He's still working on rolling over but last week found his feet which I'm not too sure he's happy about. He likes to grab them -hard - like a death grip and then he starts to cry and squeeze harder. Poor guy probably thinks it's one of those crazy siblings again but no it's himself. We think it's funny but kinda sad to watch and he just does it over and over again. Hopefully soon he'll learn who the real culprit is!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Riley's well check was actually his 2 year check -so I'm about six months behind! His ear infection he had a couple weeks ago is gone but the runny nose has returned. I'll have to get him in again if it continues so we can avoid the ear infection again. Poor guy hates his runny nose and the rest of the family grosses out when he slims everything-YUCK! As for his growth chart he is doing great also-average. He's also up with all the milestones that a 2 year old should do. He also got shots one in each leg. Jocelyn was so cute, she had to go out in the hall because she didn't want to see him get hurt. Good thing she was at preschool when Owen got his!
I love these pictures I took of Jocelyn and Riley last week. They played babies so nicely together. Riley loves to play babies and luckily Jocelyn has plenty of everything to share.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ethan had his monthly book report due last friday and I had been dreading this one! He had to do a news cast complete with weather, sports, traffic, commercial and an interview with the person from his book. Needless to say this was put together the night before it was due because of the busy week we had. It turned out great and he is an amazing improvisor and a cute anchorman. I'll have to post the real newscast as soon as I have Ben make it a smaller file. But for now here's a picture of my cute anchorman complete with styrofoam/flashlight microphone!
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Payne Family said...

I don't know how you do it all... you are like super Mom. I love that little Owen has found his toes, that is so cute!

Remember back when I was with you when you were taking Ethan to the doctors to get shots and I couldn't even be in the room... just like Jocelyn. Yeah, how those days have passed! Funny that I am going to be a nurse and when I was younger, I couldn't even be in the same room when he got his shots. So funny!