Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sunday Laziness

Jocelyn and Riley wanted me to take their picture on Sunday while they ate their snacks so I thought I would do a blog about our typical Sunday- nothing really exciting but hey I work every Saturday night so Sundays are low key for us. Of course we go to church and manage to survive a chaotic hour of sacrament meeting- am I suppose to actually be able to hear what the speaker is saying?! After church usually we're greeted as we come home by the amazing smell of crock-pot roast (Ben says this is the reason he married me- funny thing is he is the one that makes it now that we're married- he makes it better than me!) or whatever we find in the fridge. Usually games, Legos and movies follow lunch- this week the boys played Pirates of the Caribbean Life and then Cooties with Jocelyn and Riley.
Photobucket
Most sundays I make chocolate chip cookies or some sort of dessert and we have fruit smoothies and popcorn. This week after all the valentines candy over laod, I thought we had had enough sugar so we just popped about 5 bags of popcorn and settled in to watch the Amazing Race. Somewhere in the middle of all this family calls on the phone- Ben's mom- without fail, and the boys tend to start some kind of wrestling. I really like our Sundays once we get everyone to church and make it through Scarament Meeting. I realize that one day I will be able to make it through all of my meetings and will miss all the chaos of getting five kids ready for church but for now we somehow manage to make it mostly on time and presentable- so what if the boy have wrinkled shirts under their sweaters and I'm putting earrings in while we're driving to church and I have been known to do or redo Jocelyn's hair in the parking lot- yes one day I'm sure I will miss it all but for now I'm just trying to survive and be happy!!

Jocelyn just after church. She woke up this morning saying she didn't have any dresses to wear! She is turning into such a diva! I just made her this one a couple weeks ago! What a spoiled girl!
Photobucket

Jocelyn and Riley eating a snack-let me explain those hideous sponge bob pjs- I bought them on clearance for Ethan and Jake years ago when they were 3 and 4 years old and we were desperate for jammies. We didn't even watch sponge bob then and the boys had no idea who he was. Not so for Riley- sponge bob was one of his first words! and he practically sings the theme song. Thanks to older siblings!
Photobucket

Owen just chillin and playing with his toys.
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Burninghams said...

I love that dress you made for Jocelyn! We do about the same Sunday routine but usually after dinner it is just popcorn and cookies. I am coming over to your house for the smoothies!

Mary said...

What a great day. I need your pot roast recipes and making cookies is a great idea. It looks like fun times. What a beautiful dress you made!

Stacee said...

I can't remember the last time I actually heard what the speakers were saying. Even prayers for that matter. My kids are crazy and wild too at church. Glad it's not just me