Thursday, February 26, 2009

60 years already?

I swear my dad has been in his 50's FOREVER! Or so it seems. I guess the older I get it feels like everyone else has slowed down-maybe also dad reminding me that he was forty when we lived in Iceland and we reminisced about the over the hill balloons and gifts we showed up with at his office. That seems like a million years ago! Anyways on Saturday, mom planned a morning breakfast birthday surprise for Dad. Our family arrived first and got to see the surprise on his face as I handed him hash browns and carrot cake. He just kept smiling and saying what is this. Oh not to mention the bathrobe he was wearing totally showed how unknowing he was to the surprise-what fun! So this blog is for Dad- really -and he seems to think blog pages are for bragging so here you go Dad- MY dad is sooooo old- he is probably older than your dad and better as well. He is the most spiritual and patient person I know and is a great grandpa too. He gardens better than anyone I know and his raspberries taste the best!!! Did you read my blog about his english toffee -oh man I need to get me some more of that- who needs to wait till christmas?!!! Oh and he can beat your Dad at anything! Do I need to go on???!!!! Love you Dad! Happy 60th!
Photobucket

2 comments:

laura said...

sooo stinking funny- hope dad like this- here's to a happy 60th dad-

Stacee said...

dads aren't suppose to get old, are they? It seems weird to see my parents getting older.